By Joseph O'Rourke
Whereas fine quality books and journals during this box proceed to proliferate, none has but come on the subject of matching the guide of Discrete and Computational Geometry, which in its first variation, speedy grew to become the definitive reference paintings in its box. yet with the fast progress of the self-discipline and the various advances revamped the prior seven years, it is time to convey this standard-setting reference as much as date.
Editors Jacob E. Goodman and Joseph O'Rourke reassembled their stellar panel of members, additional manymore, and jointly completely revised their paintings to take advantage of vital effects and techniques, either vintage and state-of-the-art, obtainable in a single handy quantity. Now over extra then 1500 pages, the guide of Discrete and Computational Geometry, moment variation once more offers unheard of, authoritative assurance of concept, tools, and applications.
Highlights of the second one Edition:
- Thirteen new chapters: 5 on purposes and others on collision detection, nearest friends in high-dimensional areas, curve and floor reconstruction, embeddings of finite metric areas, polygonal linkages, the discrepancy technique, and geometric graph theory
- Thorough revisions of all ultimate chapters
- Extended insurance of computational geometry software program, now comprising chapters: one at the LEDA and CGAL libraries, the opposite on extra software
- Two indices: An Index of outlined phrases and an Index of pointed out Authors
- Greatly elevated bibliographies