By Jonathan Katz, Yehuda Lindell
Cryptography is ubiquitous and performs a key function in making sure info secrecy and integrity in addition to in securing computers extra greatly. Introduction to fashionable Cryptography presents a rigorous but obtainable remedy of this attention-grabbing topic.
The authors introduce the middle rules of recent cryptography, with an emphasis on formal definitions, transparent assumptions, and rigorous proofs of safeguard. The publication starts off by way of targeting private-key cryptography, together with an in depth remedy of private-key encryption, message authentication codes, and hash services. The authors additionally current layout rules for widespread circulate ciphers and block ciphers together with RC4, DES, and AES, plus supply provable structures of circulate ciphers and block ciphers from lower-level primitives. the second one 1/2 the e-book covers public-key cryptography, starting with a self-contained creation to the quantity idea had to comprehend the RSA, Diffie-Hellman, and El Gamal cryptosystems (and others), via a radical therapy of numerous standardized public-key encryption and electronic signature schemes.
Integrating a more effective standpoint with no sacrificing rigor, this broadly expected Second version offers better remedy of:
- Stream ciphers and block ciphers, together with modes of operation and layout principles
- Authenticated encryption and safe verbal exchange sessions
- Hash capabilities, together with hash-function functions and layout rules
- Attacks on poorly carried out cryptography, together with assaults on chained-CBC encryption, padding-oracle assaults, and timing attacks
- The random-oracle version and its program to numerous standardized, primary public-key encryption and signature schemes
- Elliptic-curve cryptography and linked criteria resembling DSA/ECDSA and DHIES/ECIES
Containing up to date routines and labored examples, Introduction to trendy Cryptography, moment Edition can function a textbook for undergraduate- or graduate-level classes in cryptography, a worthy reference for researchers and practitioners, or a basic advent appropriate for self-study.